Stakeholders Partnership Manager: Fixed Term (24 Months)
About Basketball New Zealand:
Basketball New Zealand (BBNZ) is the national body for the rapidly growing sport of basketball in Aotearoa. Our role is to develop, grow and promote basketball and participants of the game.
Basketball in New Zealand has experienced strong growth during the last decade with more people playing, watching, and becoming fans than ever before; it is now the fastest growing major sport in the country. Our senior and age group level national teams are playing more frequently than ever before, with our recent inclusion in the FIBA Asia Zone seeing our profile rising to new levels on the international stage. Our local basketball leagues, competitions and age group tournaments continue to grow every year, while our participation numbers are through the roof – with more partners looking to basketball to help achieve their business outcomes.
In response to this exponential growth, the BBNZ team is growing to meet increased interest and
demand in the sport of basketball.
About the role:
As a result of an exciting change to our Basketball delivery model, BBNZ are seeking to appoint a
newly created Stakeholder Partnerships Manager.
The purpose of this position is to build meaningful relationships with our Associations around the
country, while successfully implementing Basketball Delivery System enhancements – which are
designed to support the growth of basketball as a sustainable and successful sport in Aotearoa.
Your key responsibilities will include:
– building healthy stakeholder relationships through developing and delivering effective
communication and consultation methods
– developing and implementing Basketball Delivery System enhancements, including monitoring
and reporting on progress
– providing effective strategic and operational direction and innovation to position BBNZ as a
leading organisation in sport
– Contributing as an active member of BBNZ’s Senior Leadership Team.
Ideally you will have:
– A clear understanding of the NZ sporting landscape, including how National Sports Organisations
(NSOs) and Associations work together.
– A relevant qualification and/or significant experience in leadership roles with national and/or
regional sports organisations
– Proven project management experience and success
– Previous experience in governance and change management, preferably in the sports sector.
The qualities you will bring to this role include:
– the ability to build relationships and work with multiple stakeholders with a range of
– strong interpersonal skills; articulate both verbally and in writing
– a flexible, positive attitude to operate in a dynamic work environment
– a strategic mind
– the capability to drive outcomes to deliver projects on time and within budget
– a love of sport.
What we offer:
– An exciting, dynamic, and challenging work environment
– Professional development and exposure to the sport and recreation sector
– Flexible working arrangements
– The opportunity to make an impact with the fastest growing major sport in NZ
This is a fixed term contract (24 months), employment opportunity with a preference to be based in
Wellington or Auckland
How can I apply?
Please go to the vacancy section on our website www.nz.basketball where you will be able to view
the position description and details on how to apply. All applications must be received online via
Applications close 5pm Thursday 12 October 2023