Risk is inherent in all activities however Basketball Manawatū believes that the adoption of a formal approach to risk management will improve decision making, performance and accountability.
We are fully committed to its overall strategic objectives of:
- supporting members, participants and stakeholders
- increasing participation in sport
- providing sufficient and quality coaching
- developing players to their fullest potential
- ensuring financial stability and generating revenue
- achieving excellence in managing competitions and events.
As risk cannot be eliminated, the goal of our risk management process is to manage the risks involved in Basketball Manawatū’s activities to minimise negative outcomes. Basketball Manawatū will endeavour to minimise the risk to our Association, players, coaches, managers, staff, volunteers, families/whanau, and the general public.