Basketball Manawatū is seeking an enthusiastic and passionate person to fill the role of Development Officer. This is a newly created role. You will have a key strategic role within the association, and you will be a focal point in the basketball community.
The position will be responsible for the effective planning, implementation and delivery of a community basketball programme within the Manawatū region. The appointed person will effectively be one of the faces of basketball for Basketball Manawatū, working alongside two other staff, key stakeholders, adult teams, and schools to grow and sustain all that is involved and to improve the capacity and capability to deliver.
Your responsibilities will include
- delivery of a potential Basketball in Schools programme
- school holiday and other coaching programmes across all age groups
- develop and implement new coaching and playing opportunities for coaches, players and officials
- day to day operational requirements
- assisting in developing and implementing the annual plan for Basketball Manawatū
- connecting to Basketball New Zealand and the wider Association network- including the Central Zone region
The role is full time but hours will vary during the year with the requirement to sometimes work evenings and weekends throughout the year.
You will also have opportunities to take the initiative and develop your own ideas to meet the objectives of Basketball Manawatū.
This is the perfect role for someone who is passionate about basketball and keen to get out and be involved in the Manawatū community, working to improve participation and the skills of our players, coaches and officials.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
If you would like to discuss the role further, please contact Mike Ryan, General Manager Basketball Manawatū by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications should include a cover letter and CV to be submitted to Mike
Close at 5-00pm on 30th June 2022.
Click on the link below to view more details about the role